Blueberry Cobbler with Honey Biscuits
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
This sweet and tart berry cobbler has plenty of luxurious juices for spooning over vanilla ice cream. The mini cornmeal-and-honey biscuits that top the dessert would also be great shaped into large rounds and used for strawberry shortcake.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 6 cups blueberries (2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon potato starch or cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (see Note)
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a food processor, pulse the flour, cornmeal, 3 tablespoons of the granulated sugar, the baking powder, cinnamon and salt to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the 2/3 cup heavy cream and pulse just until a smooth dough forms. On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough into a ball. Flatten slightly, then roll out the dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Using a floured 1 1/2-inch round biscuit cutter, stamp out 32 rounds; pat the scraps together and reroll if necessary.
- In a medium bowl, toss the berries with the honey, orange juice, lemon zest, potato starch and the remaining 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Pour the berries into a 2-quart baking dish. Arrange the biscuit rounds over the fruit in rows so they touch but do not overlap. Brush the rounds with the remaining 1 tablespoon of cream and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the fruit juices are bubbling and thickened and the biscuits are golden brown. Let cool slightly then serve with ice cream.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.