- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeño chile, seeded
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a nonreactive saucepan. Add the onion and jalapeño and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Add the ketchup, vinegar, sugar, mustard and Tabasco and bring to a simmer. Add the blueberries and simmer over low heat, stirring until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Puree the sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pass through a strainer and season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
Make AheadThe sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.
Serve WithAny kind of beefsteak, hamburgers, pork chops, chicken.