- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground blue cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup, warmed
- 3/4 cup fresh berries
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
How to make this recipe
In a food processor, blend the eggs with the cottage cheese until smooth. Scrape the mixture into a bowl. Whisk in the cornmeal, flour, sugar and salt, then stir in the milk and melted butter. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
Heat a griddle or cast-iron skillet and brush lightly with oil. For each pancake, spoon a 3 tablespoon-size dollop of batter onto the preheated griddle and cook until browned on the bottom and bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the pancakes and cook just until browned on the second side. Transfer the pancakes to a baking sheet and keep warm in a low oven while you make the rest.
Roll up the pancakes and set 3 on each plate. Top with the maple syrup and berries, dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
One Serving 288 calories, 8.4 gm total fat, 3.6 gm saturated fat, 39 gm carbs.