© Fredrika Stjärne
Blue-Cheese Tarragon Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 3/4 cup
Blue cheese dressing doesn't have to be the gunk served with chicken wings at dive bars. Melissa Rubel Jacobson makes her splendid, refined version with red wine vinegar and plenty of fresh tarragon.
- 2 ounces mild blue cheese, such as Maytag blue, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped tarragon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor, puree half of the blue cheese with the mayonnaise, olive oil, water and vinegar until smooth. Add the remaining blue cheese and the tarragon and pulse until just incorporated and the dressing is slightly chunky. Season with salt and pepper.
Make Ahead The dressing can be refrigerated overnight. Notes Great With Chicken wings, hearty green salad, tomato salad and grilled steak.