- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2 1/2 cups of foam
Foams may seem passé, an overused chef trick. But their airy consistency can help make a good dish great. Consider the blue-cheese foam here, made by loading a homemade blue-cheese dressing into a siphon and charging it with gas. Whether you’re serving the blue-cheese foam with an iceberg-lettuce wedge that is all about cool crunch, or eating it with hot and crispy chicken wings, the light and frothy texture is a wonderful contrast.
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Combine everything except the salt in a blender and puree until very smooth. Season the mixture with salt and pour it into the canister of a 1-pint iSi Gourmet Whip Plus siphon. Charge the siphon with one iSi cream (N20) cartridge according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Shake the siphon and refrigerate until well chilled, 30 minutes.
- To serve, hold the siphon upside down and shake it. Press the lever to release the foam.