- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices of bread of choice or 4 buns
- Arugula, alfalfa sprouts, sliced tomato and pickles, for serving (optional)
How to make this recipe
In a large pot cover the chicken breasts with water. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the water and let cool. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside.
In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard and chili powder. Stir in the chicken, red onion and blue cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Spread chicken salad over 4 slices of bread, top with desired toppings and cover with remaining slices of bread.