© David Malosh
Blue-Cheese-and-Walnut Dip with Waldorf Crudités
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes about 3 cups
With walnuts, mayonnaise, apples and grapes, this recipe is a riff on classic Waldorf salad.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (2 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Snipped chives, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast them in the oven for 10 minutes, until fragrant and golden. Let cool, then coarsely chop the nuts.
- In a food processor, pulse the mayonnaise, buttermilk, shallots and vinegar until smooth. Add the blue cheese; pulse until chunky. Add the walnuts and pulse until fine. Season with salt and pepper; garnish with the chives.
Make Ahead The dip can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Serve With Apple slices, skewered red and green grapes and endive spears.
Dry, appley sparkling wine: NV Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut.