© Line Klein
BLT Hot Dogs with Caraway Remoulade
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 8
These “BLT” hot dogs are topped with crispy bacon, fresh tomatoes and crunchy lettuce dressed with a creamy caraway-pickle mayonnaise.
Slideshow: Innovative Hot Dog Recipes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds, toasted
- 8 hot dogs, cooked
- 8 hot dog buns, toasted
- 8 slices of crisp, cooked applewood-smoked bacon
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup small basil leaves
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the shallot, capers, pickle and toasted caraway seeds.
- Put the cooked hot dogs in the buns; top with the bacon and tomatoes. Toss the lettuce and basil with some of the caraway remoulade. Top the dogs with the slaw. Serve any remaining remoulade on the side.