© Kana Okada
BLT Fried Egg-and-Cheese Sandwich
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 sandwich
Thomas Keller's scrumptious recipe combines three of the world's most popular grilled cheese.
More Recipes from Thomas Keller
- 4 thick slices of bacon
- 2 slices of Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 thick slices of rustic white bread, toasted and hot
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 tomato slices
- 2 leaves of butter lettuce
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- In a skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat, turning, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Set the Monterey Jack slices on 1 piece of toast. Spread the mayonnaise on the other slice of toast, then top with the bacon, tomato and lettuce.
- In a small, nonstick skillet, melt the butter. Add the egg and fry over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp around the edge, about 4 minutes; the yolk should still be runny. Slide the egg onto the lettuce; close the sandwich and eat right away.