- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
Fox & Hounds Tavern • St. Louis
Bartender Mark Pollman owns more than 5,000 cocktail-related books and is himself the author of one called Bottled Wisdom, a collection of 1,008 quotations about drinking.
- Pinch of celery salt
- Pinch of salt
- 2 or 3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 or 4 drops of Tabasco sauce
- Juice of 2 lime wedges
- 5 ounces tomato juice
- Small pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh horseradish
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- Combine all of the ingredients in a pint glass. Pour the drink back and forth between the pint glass and a cocktail shaker four times, then pour the Bloody Mary into a highball glass over ice.