- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup pepper-flavored vodka
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated or prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Four 6-ounce filet mignon steaks, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- Olive oil
- Tomato-Horseradish Butter
In a glass baking dish, combine the tomato juice, vodka, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, hot sauce, celery salt and pepper. Add the steaks and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally. Remove the steaks from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.
Light a grill. Lightly brush the grate with oil. Drain the steaks and pat dry; brush with olive oil. Season the steaks generously with salt and grill over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, about 15 minutes for medium rare. Place a dollop of Tomato-Horseradish Butter on each steak and serve.