- 10 ounces haricots verts or other thin green beans
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
How to make this recipe
- Pack the green beans in a heatproof 1-quart glass jar. In a medium saucepan, combine all of the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Pour the brine over the green beans and let cool completely, then seal the jar and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
The pickled green beans can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.