- SERVINGS: Makes 1 Drink
“The Bloody Mary is essentially a tomato soup seasoned with alcohol,” says Craig Schoettler, who works closely with chef Grant Achatz at his bar Aviary in Chicago. Just as in cooking, Schoettler says, “the balance of salt is critical.”
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 8 ounces chilled tomato juice
- 1/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 celery rib and 1 lemon wedge, for garnish
- Fill a chilled collins glass with ice. Add the vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco and stir well. Season the drink with salt and pepper and garnish with the celery rib and lemon wedge.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.