© Luis Bruno
Bloody Mary Cocktail Meatballs
- SERVINGS: MAKES 32 MEATBALLS
The Three-Pepper Bloody Mary in the meatball gravy acts like a tomato sauce and becomes a terrific, spicy glaze.
Plus: More Appetizer Recipes and Tips
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 small tender celery rib with leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 slice white sandwich bread—soaked in warm water, squeezed dry and crumbled into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Three-Pepper Bloody Mary
- In a bowl, combine the beef and pork with the celery, horseradish, egg, bread, hot sauce, salt and pepper and knead well. Roll the meat into 1-inch balls.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet until shimmering. Add the meatballs and cook over moderately high heat until browned all over, about 5 minutes. Add the Three-Pepper Bloody Mary and simmer over moderate heat until the liquid is reduced by half and the meatballs are glazed, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.