- SERVINGS: Makes 4 drinks
Nacional 27 · Chicago
Adam Seger prefers tequila to vodka for his Bloody Marys (and his Bloody Margaritas) because it's more acidic and herbal. At Nacional 27, he makes Bloody Mary mix with ketchup, using a recipe adapted from his hometown's Baton Rouge Country Club.
More Frozen Drink Recipes
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon pure chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground celery seeds
- 1 lime wedge
- 8 ounces reposado tequila
- 4 ounces fresh orange juice
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 cup prepared Bloody Mary mix, frozen
- 2 cups ice
- 4 pickled jalapeños, for garnish
- Make the cocktail Combine the salt, pepper, chile powder and ground celery seeds in a bowl.
- Moisten half of the outer rim of 4 chilled rocks glasses with the lime wedge and coat lightly with the spiced salt. In a blender, combine the tequila, orange juice, lime juice, Bloody Mary mix and ice and blend until smooth. Pour into the rocks glasses and garnish with the pickled jalapeños.