- SERVINGS: Makes 1 Drink
For this drink, Craig Schoettler took a tequila-based Bloody Mary (called a Bloody Maria) and added gin. He prefers using Small’s, a small-batch gin from Oregon, because it’s so botanical: “It has flavors of caraway, cardamom and celery seed, so it pairs well with tomato,” he says. (Small’s gin is available at ransomspirits.com.)
- 1 ounce blanco tequila
- 1/2 ounce gin
- 8 ounces chilled tomato juice
- 1/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 celery rib and 1 lemon wedge, for garnish
- Fill a chilled collins glass with ice. Add the tequila, gin, tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco and stir well. Season the drink with salt and pepper and garnish with the celery rib and lemon wedge.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.