- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
Amy Giaquintas' spicy, tangy Bloody Mary is surprising and fun because she substitutes yellow ("blondie") tomatoes for the usual red. It also tastes better than the classic cocktail because she prepares her own tomato juice using gorgeous, juicy tomatoes.
- 4 1/2 pounds yellow tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 celery sticks
- Working in batches, puree the tomatoes in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain the tomato puree through a fine sieve set over a bowl. Add the vodka, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco to the strained puree and season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a pitcher and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Serve over ice, garnished with celery sticks.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.