Blistered Snap Peas with Mint
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Get a skillet really, really hot before adding the snap peas; they make a fun popping sound when they hit the pan. Then put the skillet straight into a hot oven, tossing the peas every few minutes so they don’t burn.
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 2 pounds sugar snap peas, ends trimmed and strings discarded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon olive oil (see Note)
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, torn
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Set a large, ovenproof skillet over high heat until very hot, about 2 minutes. Add the pure olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the snap peas, toss a few times and transfer the skillet to the oven. Cook for 2 minutes, then carefully toss the peas a few times. Return the skillet to the oven and cook for 2 minutes longer, until the peas are crisp-tender. Toss the peas with the lemon oil and season with salt. Transfer to a serving bowl. Scatter the mint on top and serve.
Olive oil pressed or infused with lemon is available at most supermarkets and specialty food stores.