- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon salted roasted sunflower seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nigella seeds or poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 pound snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup mascarpone
- Snipped chives and salmon roe, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, mix the sesame seeds with the sunflower seeds, flaky sea salt, nigella seeds, onion and garlic flakes and the caraway seeds.
Light a grill. Place a latticed wire cooling rack upside down on top of the grill (see tip above). In a medium bowl, toss the snap peas with 2 tablespoons of the sesame oil and season with kosher salt and pepper. Grill the snap peas on the rack over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Return the snap peas to the bowl and toss with the melted butter and the remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil. Add the seed mixture and toss to coat; let cool slightly.
Spread the mascarpone on a platter or 6 plates. Mound the snap peas on top and drizzle with any remaining sesame butter. Garnish with chives and salmon roe; serve immediately.