- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallots
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 ripe Haas avocadoshalved, pitted, peeled, and sliced in fairly large pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pound large shrimpshelled, deveined and cooked
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 1 cup diced (1/8-inch) seeded ripe plum tomatoes
- 4 scallions white end, or 3 inches of green, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- MAKE THE SALAD In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the oils, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in the shallots and lime zest. Add the chives 15 minutes before serving.
- Put the avocados in a large bowl and toss with the lime juice. Fold in the shrimp, red bell pepper, tomatoes and scallions. Add the dressing and toss gently. Just before serving, toss with the fresh mint leaves. Serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.