- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Four 5-ounce tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- Favorite hamburger toppings
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, chile powder, ancho chile powder, oregano, brown sugar, sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
Rinse the tilapia under cold running water. Sprinkle the rub evenly over both sides of each fillet.
In a medium nonstick frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add 2 tilapia fillets to the pan and cook for 3 minutes per side, until the fish is browned and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining fillets.
Serve each fillet on a bun with your choice of favorite hamburger toppings.