- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 CUPS
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch ground cloves
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the orange juice with the cornstarch.
- Put the blackberries in a small saucepan with the sugar, the remaining orange juice, the cinnamon and cloves. Bring to a simmer over low heat and continue simmering 1 minute.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and add it to the compote. Simmer, stirring, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.