- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic chili sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup black rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 pound Napa cabbage (about 1/2 head), quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, chili sauce, chili flakes, honey, lime zest, and lime juice. Whisk in the water until mixture is smooth and set aside.
In a large saucepot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook on low heat until tender, about 30 minutes; drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the cabbage to the pan, season with salt, and stir-fry, until the cabbage is just wilted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Transfer the rice to a serving dish and top with the stir-fried cabbage. Pour over the dressing and toss gently to combine. Garnish with sliced scallions and serve warm.
The sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance.