- 1 cup black forbidden rice
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame, thawed
- 10 to 15 brussels sprouts
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or any hot chile paste
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
- Make the Salad Rinse rice and cook it according to package instructions. Let cool.
- Blanch edamame in well-salted boiling water for 1 minute, drain and place into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain when cooled.
- Wash brussels sprouts, trim any tough stems and dark or damaged outer leaves. Cut in half lengthwise and shred in a food processor with a shredding attachment. Alternatively, slice thinly with a sharp knife.
- Cut pomegranate into 8 wedges. Submerge the wedges into a large bowl filled with water and separate seeds from skin under the water with your hands to avoid any staining with the red juice. Drain and discard remaining skin pieces.
- Combine 2 cups of cooked rice, edamame, shaved brussels sprouts and pomegranate seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- Make the dressing Mix miso paste with sesame tahini with a spoon until well-combined and smooth. Add olive oil and Sriracha and work it in until incorporated. Add lemon juice and whisk until smooth. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Taste and add salt and/or freshly ground black pepper if needed.