© Quentin Bacon
Black Pepper Kettle Corn
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 8 cups (6 servings)
This kettle corn is so satisfying—it’s salty, sweet and a little spicy. Since it stays crisp for a few hours, you can make it in advance.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons popping corn
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large nonstick saucepan, heat the canola oil with the popping corn over moderately high heat until sizzling. Add the sugar, flaxseeds, salt and pepper, cover and cook, shaking the pan constantly, until nearly all of the kernels are popped, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour the kettle corn onto a rimmed baking sheet and let cool, tossing once or twice. Transfer the kettle corn to a bowl, leaving any unpopped kernels behind.
The kettle corn can be made up to 4 hours ahead.
Bright sparkling wine from Spain: NV Cristalino Cava Brut.