- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough, halved
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Black Forest ham, torn into bite-size pieces ( 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- Put a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat to 500°, at least 30 minutes. On a lightly floured work surface, stretch each piece of dough out to an 8-by-12-inch oval.
- Slide a piece of dough onto a floured pizza peel. Spread half of the sour cream on the dough, then scatter half of the ham, cabbage and onion on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slide the dough onto the hot pizza stone and bake until crisp, 8 minutes. Transfer to a surface, cut into strips and serve. Repeat to make the second tarte flambée.
Off-dry German Riesling.