- 2 cups shelled fresh or frozen black-eyed peas
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions, white and tender green
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the black-eyed peas and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, toss the black-eyed peas with the scallions, red and yellow bell peppers, parsley, jalapeño and garlic. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil and salt and pepper. Toss the dressing with the salad. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Make AheadThe salsa can be refrigerated overnight. Let return to room temperature before serving.