- 4 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
How to make this recipe
- Combine the black-eyed peas, onions, lemon juice and olive oil in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the dill and toss gently to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with some olive oil before serving.
The salad can be made up to 1 day ahead.
This salad is great made with freshly cooked, frozen or even canned beans. If using canned beans, make sure to rinse and drain them well before using.