Black Bean-Mango Salsa
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 1/2 CUPS
Goes well with any kind of beefsteak, pork, lamb, chicken, duck breasts, any meaty or firm white-fleshed fish.
- 1 cup drained canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe medium mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 -inch dice
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 -inch dice
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium scallion, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a bowl, combine the black beans, mango, red bell pepper, jalapeño and scallion. In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, vinegar, ginger, sugar, salt and cayenne. Fold the mixture into the beans. Stir in the cilantro and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Make AheadThe salsa can be refrigerated for up to 6 hours.