© Phoebe Lapine
Black Bean and Rice Salad with Spicy Lime Dressing
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Sriracha adds the punch to this spicy dressing with fresh lime juice.
Slideshow: Make-Ahead Picnic Salads
- 1 cup white basmati rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- One 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- In a medium saucepan, cover the rice with the water. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low heat until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 18 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, toss together the beans, cilantro, scallions, lime juice, olive oil, Sriracha, honey, salt and cumin until combined. Stir in the cooled rice and taste for seasoning.
- Transfer to a platter and serve alongside tacos or simple grilled chicken.