- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
Root is a relatively new liqueur from a Philadelphia company called Art in the Age. Distilled from sugarcane, it’s flavored with birch bark, smoked black tea, citrus peels, cloves and other spices. Francis Schott combines it with a cinnamon-infused simple syrup to create a replacement for coffee liqueur in the original White Russian. The result tastes like a spiked root beer float.
- 2 ounces Root liqueur
- 3/4 ounce white rum, preferably Banks 5-Island
- 1 ounce chilled heavy cream
- 1/2 ounce Cinnamon Syrup (see Note)
- 1 cinnamon stick, for garnish
- A pinch of ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the garnishes and shake well. Fine-strain into a chilled rocks glass and garnish with the cinnamon stick and ground cinnamon.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.