- 2 ounces Root liqueur
- 3/4 ounce white rum, preferably Banks 5-Island
- 1 ounce chilled heavy cream
- 1/2 ounce Cinnamon Syrup (see Note)
- 1 cinnamon stick, for garnish
- A pinch of ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the garnishes and shake well. Fine-strain into a chilled rocks glass and garnish with the cinnamon stick and ground cinnamon.
Cinnamon Syrup: In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup Demerara or other raw sugar with 2 ounces water and 1/2 smashed cinnamon stick. Simmer over moderate heat for 10 minutes. Let cool, then strain the syrup into a jar and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 4 ounces.