Bittersweet Chocolate Cream Sandwiches
- SERVINGS: MAKES 4 SANDWICHES
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur
- 8 large imported waffle cookies (gaufrettes)
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries
- In a small saucepan, scald the cream over moderate heat. Add the chocolate and remove from the heat. Let stand until melted, about 3 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk the mascarpone until fluffy. Whisk in the sugar, liqueur and chocolate cream. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, until firm. Spread 4 of the waffle cookies with the chilled chocolate cream, top with the remaining 4 cookies and refrigerate. Serve with the fresh berries.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.