Bittersweet Chocolate Bombes
- SERVINGS: 2
If you like decadent chocolate cakes with a runny center, cut the cooking time to about 15 minutes.
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter two 1-cup ramekins and set them on a small baking sheet. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally. Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, egg yolk and granulated sugar. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water and beat at high speed until the mixture is thick and warm, about 4 minutes. Off the heat, continue beating the mixture until thick enough to form a slowly dissolving ribbon when a beater is lifted, about 2 minutes.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.