Bittersweet Black and White Shake
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 large shakes
A vanilla shake is easily made by omitting the syrup from the richly flavored chocolatey version. For a fruity strawberry shake, see the variation.
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Syrup
- Variation Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Stir and pour into 2 tall glasses.
- Puree 10 ounces of thawed frozen strawberries in light syrup with 2 tablespoons superfine sugar, then strain. Blend 1/2 cup of the puree with the ice cream, milk and vanilla to make 2 shakes.