© David Malosh
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick sticks
- Peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- Kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- In a medium bowl, cover the potato sticks with water and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 inches of oil to 325°. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Rinse the potatoes and pat thoroughly dry. Working in batches, fry the potatoes until they are almost tender and look slightly translucent, about 3 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to the paper towels to drain.
- Increase the temperature of the oil to 375°. Fry the potatoes in batches until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the paper towels to drain and immediately season with salt. Sprinkle the fries with the garlic and parsley and serve immediately.