© Jody Horton
The Big Texan Bourbon-and-Grapefruit Cocktail
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 cocktail
- 2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 tablespoon simple syrup (see Note)
- 2 basil leaves
- 1 grapefruit slice and 1 preserved cherry, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the grapefruit juice, bourbon, simple syrup and basil. Fill a chilled rocks glass with ice. Add 5 ice cubes to the shaker and shake well. Strain the drink into the ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with the grapefruit slice and cherry.
NotesMake simple syrup by boiling equal parts sugar and water. Let cool before using.