© Dave Lauridsen
Bibb-and-Radish Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Chef Jason Travi thinks of this as an everyday salad because it's simple enough to accompany just about any main course. The dressing can be made in large batches and kept in the refrigerator.
- 3 large heads of Bibb lettuce, leaves torn
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup snipped chives
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with the radishes and chives. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the buttermilk and vinegar. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well. Serve.