Berry-Yogurt Pavlovas with Chamomile-Lavender Syrup
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lavender buds (see Note)
- 1 1/4 cups raspberries
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 cup 2-percent Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 250° and position a rack in the lower third. Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a bowl, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar at medium speed until frothy. Beat in 3/4 cup of the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the meringue is thick and glossy; scoop into four 4 1/2-inch mounds onto the prepared sheet. Using the back of a spoon, make a well in the center of each mound; bake for 1 hour, until crisp but still chewy inside. Turn off the oven and prop the door open; let cool for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and the water and bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Add the chamomile tea bag and lavender and let stand for 10 minutes. Strain the syrup into a bowl. Let stand until the syrup is cool.
- In a bowl, gently toss all of the berries with 1/4 cup of the syrup. Top the meringues with the yogurt and berries. Drizzle with the remaining syrup and serve.
Dried lavender buds are available at specialty-food shops.
One Serving 332 cal, 2 gm fat, 0.8 gm sat fat, 75 gm carb, 4.5 gm fiber.