- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 DOZEN LOLLIPOPS
Lollipop sticks are sold at supermarkets and at baking supply shops. If unavailable, substitute wooden skewers; cut off the tips before using. You will need a candy thermometer to make this recipe.
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup cranraspberry concentrate
- 4 drops red food coloring
- Twenty-four 6-inch lollipop sticks
- Brush 2 flat baking sheets with oil. Fill a pie plate with 1 inch of cold water.
- In a small, heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup and bring to a boil, stirring just until the sugar dissolves. Boil over high heat, without stirring, until the syrup reaches 280° on a candy thermometer, about 20 minutes. Add the cranraspberry concentrate and food coloring and cook over moderately high heat until the syrup reaches 300°. Briefly dip the saucepan in the cold water to stop the cooking.
- Once the bubbling subsides, carefully spoon 6 scant tablespoons of syrup about 2 inches apart on 1 of the prepared baking sheets. Working quickly, place a stick in each of the lollipops, turning it to cover with syrup. Continue to form the lollipops, 6 at a time, until both baking sheets are full. If the syrup in the saucepan becomes too thick, melt it over low heat. Let the lollipops harden, then wrap in plastic.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.