Bell Pepper and Goat Cheese Rolls
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 12
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 6 small red bell peppers
- 6 small yellow bell peppers
- 11 ounces soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- Zest of 1 small orange, cut into fine julienne
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup currants or raisins
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Put the pine nuts in a pie plate and toast for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool. Put the red and yellow bell peppers on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, or until browned all over. Cover the peppers with foil and let steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skins, stems and seeds from the peppers and halve them lengthwise. Spread 1 tablespoon of goat cheese on each pepper half and roll it up. Arrange the red and yellow bell pepper roll-ups on a large platter.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the orange juice and zest and season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the peppers. Sprinkle with the pine nuts and currants and serve.
Make Ahead The roll-ups can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.
The strong flavors of the nuts, currants and oranges require a wine with as much character. Try a rich Vernaccia.