- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- 1 leek, white and pale green parts only, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- One 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 large celeriac (or a few smaller), peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 medium beetroots, peeled and roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Avocado, cubed, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek, garlic and ginger and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring periodically.
Add celeriac, beets, salt and 6 cups of filtered water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 to 35 minutes, until vegetables are soft throughout.
Puree soup in a blender in batches, taking care not to splash the hot liquid. Adjust salt and add pepper to taste. Serve warm garnished with avocado cubes and cilantro leaves.