© Ellie Miller
Beet, Fennel and Jicama Salad with Macadamia Nut Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup diced peeled jicama
- 1/2 cup diced fennel
- 1/2 cup diced peeled raw beets
- 1/4 cup chopped Belgian endive
- 4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- MAKE THE SALAD In a food processor, finely grind the macadamias. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until creamy; add more water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, to thin out as desired.
- Transfer the dressing to a bowl. Add the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Toss well and serve.
Notes One Serving 302 cal, 26 gm fat, 4.1 gm sat fat, 19 gm carb, 6.3 gm fiber.