Beet and Raspberry Salad
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 5 small beets (2 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces mesclun (6 cups)
- 1/2 cup small cilantro sprigs
- 1/2 cup small dill sprigs
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 small Hass avocadosliced lengthwise 1/4 inch thick
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Wrap the beets in foil and bake for 1 hour, or until tender. Let cool slightly, then peel and halve or quarter.
- Combine the olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Toss 2 tablespoons of the dressing with the beets. Toss the mesclun, cilantro, dill and 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Mound on plates and top with the raspberries, avocado and beets. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
Notes One serving 251 calories, 21.9 gm total fat, 3.2 gm saturated fat, 15 gm carb.