Beet and Raspberry Salad
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 5 small beets (2 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces mesclun (6 cups)
- 1/2 cup small cilantro sprigs
- 1/2 cup small dill sprigs
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 small Hass avocadosliced lengthwise 1/4 inch thick
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Wrap the beets in foil and bake for 1 hour, or until tender. Let cool slightly, then peel and halve or quarter.
- Combine the olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Toss 2 tablespoons of the dressing with the beets. Toss the mesclun, cilantro, dill and 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Mound on plates and top with the raspberries, avocado and beets. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.