- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Both the beets and their greens are used in this hearty lentil salad, which has a delicious tart and creamy lemon dressing.
- 2 medium golden beets with nice leafy greens (about 1 pound), stems discarded and greens reserved
- 1 cup green du Puy lentils, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Wrap the beets in foil and roast for about 1 hour, until tender. When cool enough to handle, slip off the skins and cut the beets into wedges. Tear the beet greens into bite-size pieces; you should have about 2 cups.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the lentils until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool under running water; drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the mustard, lemon juice and scallions. Add the lentils, beets and beet greens and season with salt and pepper; toss and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.