Beet and Ginger Salad
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 pounds medium beets
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 chives, cut into 2-inch lengths
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Wash the beets and while still wet, wrap them individually in foil. Set them on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until tender when pierced. Rub the skins off the warm beets with paper towels. Slice the beets crosswise 1/4 inch thick, then stack the slices and cut them into 1/4-inch strips.
- In a medium bowl, mix the vinegar and ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil. Add the beets, toss to coat and let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with the chives and serve at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.