- 3 ounces red and/or yellow beet peels (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Two 1-pound pork tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Lemon wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a mini food processor, puree the beet peels, salt and caraway seeds until a paste forms. On a rimmed baking sheet, rub each pork tenderloin with 2 tablespoons of the beet paste. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400°. Drizzle the pork with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 135°. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice the pork 1/2 inch thick and transfer to a platter. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with lemon wedges.
Dark-berried, lightly herbal Loire Valley Cabernet Franc.