- 1 pound medium beets, preferably Chioggia
- 1 baguette, cut crosswise into forty 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 9 ounces burrata, cut into 40 pieces
- Snipped chives, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the beets in a small roasting pan and add 1/4 inch of water. Cover the pan with foil and bake for about 1 hour, until the beets are tender. Let cool completely.
Increase the oven temperature to 400°. Arrange the baguette slices on 2 large cookie sheets and brush with extra-virgin olive oil. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the bread is crisp.
Peel the beets and halve them lengthwise, then cut cut them crosswise into 1/8-inch slices. Transfer the beets to a bowl. Add the 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Top each crostini with a piece of burrata and a beet slice. Garnish with the snipped chives and serve immediately.
The roasted beets can be refrigerated overnight. Slice and serve at room temperature.