- Four 3-ounce beef tenderloin medallions
- Canola oil, for brushing
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha, plus more for serving
- 1 baguette, split lengthwise and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup Ginger-Pickled Watermelon Rind, drained and cut into fine julienne strips
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the medallions with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred on both sides and medium-rare within, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a work surface and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the sesame oil and 1/2 teaspoon of Sriracha and season with salt and pepper. Brush the cut sides of the baguette with oil and grill over moderate heat until toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Slice the medallions 1/4 inch thick. Spread the sesame mayonnaise on the cut sides of the baguette and top with the meat, pickled watermelon rind and cilantro. Close the sandwiches and serve with additional Sriracha.
The cooked beef medallions and the sesame mayonnaise can be refrigerated overnight. Bring the meat to room temperature before making the sandwiches.
Contributed By Justin Chapple Photo © Ryan Liebe Published