Beef Tapa with Garlic Rice
- SERVINGS: 4
An easy way to get uniform, paper-thin steak slices is to cut the meat a little thicker than called for and then flatten the slices with a meat pounder.
- 1 1/2 pounds rib-eye steak
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Garlic Rice, for serving
- Slice the steak across the grain 1/4 inch thick; pound the slices 1/8 inch thick.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, salt, cayenne and black pepper. Brush both sides of the beef slices with the lime juice and sprinkle with the spices. Stack the slices and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet. Lightly brush the pan with oil, add the steak in a single layer and cook in batches over high heat until medium rare and slightly charred, about 30 seconds per side. Serve at once with Garlic Rice.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.