- 1 1/2 pounds rib-eye steak
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Garlic Rice, for serving
Slice the steak across the grain 1/4 inch thick; pound the slices 1/8 inch thick.
In a bowl, combine the sugar, salt, cayenne and black pepper. Brush both sides of the beef slices with the lime juice and sprinkle with the spices. Stack the slices and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat a cast-iron skillet. Lightly brush the pan with oil, add the steak in a single layer and cook in batches over high heat until medium rare and slightly charred, about 30 seconds per side. Serve at once with Garlic Rice.